1) By putting "Ma-" and "-sh" either side of the simple present verb. It gives the meaning of " Don't " for statement.
- Ma a'kulsh bil lail
- I don't eat at night - انا ماأكلش بلليل
2) By putting "Ma-" and "-sh" either side of the simple present verb, also can be used for instruction, "Don't do that"
- Ma ta'kulsh keda
- Don't eat like that (you, masc) - ماتأكلش كده
3) By putting "Ma-" and "-sh" either side of the present continuous verb. It gives the meaning of " Not doing".
- Ma biya'kulish dil wakti
- He is not eating right now - هو مابيأكلش دالوقت
4) By putting "Ma-" and "-sh" either side of the past verb and it gives the meaning of " Didn't "- (to deny)
- Ma akaltish embarikh
- I didn't eat yesterday - مااكلتش إمبارح
5) By putting "Mesh" either side of the simple present verb. It gives the meaning of " Don't " for statement, same like 1st method above. So you can choose either one of them that you like most and much easier to pronounce, there is no different.
- Mesh a'kul bil lail
- I don't eat at night - انا مش أكل بلليل
- Ana mesh mu'alim
- I'm not a teacher - انا مش معلم
7) By putting "Mesh" with the adjective and it gives the meaning of " Not".
- Ana mesh tawil
- I'm not tall - انا مش طويل
8) By putting " Mesh" before present verb with "Ha" at the beginning to deny for future
- Ana mesh ha-rouh mattar buqra
- I won't go to the airport tomorrow - انا مش هاروح المطار بكرة
9) By putting " Balaash" in front of present verb for instruction
- Balaash ta'kul
- Stop eating, don't eat (you, masc) - بلاش تأكل
So, let's see some sample sentences from arabic songs about this lesson. You need to listen to the pronunciation by arabic songs and repeat what you hear to get the pronunciation right.
" Habeby begad mesh 3arf a2olk eh " - (Tamer Hossny - Arrab Kaman)
My dear, seriously i don't know what to say - حبيبى بجد مش عارف اقولك ايه
" Mesh 2ader ab3id 3anak tani habibi " - (Samo Zain - Mesh adeer)
I can't leave you again my dear - مش قادر ابعد عنك تانى حبيبى اه حبيبى